Henry Giroux: Where is the Outrage? Critical Pedagogy in Dark Times


I think that as a new generation of teacher students it was crucial that we take into account some key points from the video.  For example as Giroux mentioned it's time to reclaim the role that education has had along the years. Maybe people in charge of education in our country forget what is the real purpose of education, they are focus on carry out lesson only for give to students only one perception about it, and theachers are with all the autority in classrooms. Giroux give us and idea of what kind of students we need inside the classroom he said that teacher need to educate students capable to think, to question, doubt and defend education. This mean the implementation of critical thinking in class.

On the other hand I think that Giroux had a really good idea about how education must be, but If we contextualize this concept of education in Colombia, I can say that we are so far of thosea ideas, because he was talking from his experience or maybe the reality in North America, but from my point of view he didn't know too much about how is education in Colombia. 


Majority of the factors that Giroux mentions in the lecture are relevant but If I could  change something related with education in my country I need to be realistic and I have to start with little things, this mean that we as a teenager only have part of the control in this field because of bad governments and corruption in Colombia.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

ESSAY